1. Pair with colored tights, a skinny belt worn at the waist and a colored cardigan (I like to match my tights to my cardi). Finish off the outfit with black riding boots for a chic lunch-date look. Keep jewelry to a minimum so the outfit feels more relaxed. Not sure what pop of color to try? Teal is perfect for fall!
2. Layer a white oxford underneath a black sheath dress. Cuff the sleeves of the oxford and belt at the waist. Accessorize with a narrow bracelet and a basic black pump.
3. Wear a light brown tweed jacket over your LBD and cuff the sleeves once. Pair with grey tights and light brown riding boots for a mix of neutrals that is anything but boring.
4. Pair with a plum cardigan and flats. Button the cardigan at least halfway up and accessorize with a patterned scarf.
5. Layer a striped long sleeve tee underneath a black sheath dress. Belt at the waist and finish off the outfit with grey tights and black riding boots.
Pro Tip: The easiest way to dress down your LBD is with a casual shoe (flats, riding boots, etc.) and by layering with long sleeved shirts, sweaters and/or tights.