1. Start with a dress that is well tailored and has an interesting pattern. Florals are especially popular for the beginning of spring, but feel free to choose whatever print speaks to you.
2. If your dress doesn't have any detailing to accentuate your waist, add a skinny belt in either a metallic or a coordinating color.
3. Add a cardigan if you want an extra layer of warmth. If your dress is sleeveless, you will probably want something on your arms to protect against the chilly weather Mother Nature has served up this week! When you are choosing a cardigan to wear with a dress, a cropped length should be your first choice so that it doesn't interfere with the silhouette of the dress.
4. Add a colorful shoe! Although I show a shoe that matches the color of the dress, don't be afraid to mix and match if you find a stunning color combo.
5. Swap out your large everyday bag for a small clutch. This is an easy way to make your outfit feel more special.
6. Don'f forget your jewelry! Add on a necklace and stud earrings, but since your outfit will be worn in the morning and early afternoon, shy away from glitzy pieces.
If you are still trying to decide what to wear this Easter, here is my no fail formula for looking chic from church to brunch:
Are you still trying to figure out to wear to the Superbowl party that you are hosting or attending tomorrow? Normally when I sit in front of the television for hours on end, I like to wear my pajamas, but that isn't an option when you are with a big group. So below is an outfit that is comfortable enough to sit in all afternoon, machine washable (for when you spill chili down your front), but still polished enough that you won't grimace when photos from your party start popping up on Facebook.